Turning your wishes into a plan
Creating documentation including a Will or Power of Attorney is something we may avoid because we think it will tempt fate. However, recording your wishes brings peace of mind to you and your family. It lifts a heavy burden of decision-making from their shoulders at a time when they are already distressed.
At any given moment, on any given day
An injury, illness or death may suddenly and drastically change how we are able to make important decisions about your finances and wellbeing. Choosing someone to speak on your behalf and providing clear instructions means your wishes will be respected.
You decide, not the government
By providing documentation can eliminate decisions being made for us by government bodies that may not be in keeping with your values, preferences and wishes.
Getting your affairs in order
A Life Guide is more than a statement about “who gets what”. The more detailed your plan, the less your loved ones need to worry. Knowing everything is in order becomes a gift to them from you.
Consider creating the following NOW to ensure your wishes are respected:
- Wills, Powers of Attorney and Probate
- Executors and Trusts
- Advance Care Plan / Directive
- Digital Assets – Domain Names, Emails, Foxtel, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat
- Registration for myGov, My Health Record and Organ Donation
- My Aged Care / NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme)
- Life Insurance, Trauma Insurance, Funeral Insurance, Funeral Bonds
- Living Wakes, Funeral Plans – Burial / Cremation
Personalise this list further according to your needs and circumstances.
Keep these important documents in a safe place or give to your appointed Executor.